Slammin Salmon Trolling System (2 Ft, 4 fish attached)
The system alows you to catch a Salmon with nothing betwen you and the fish except a tiny almost weighless bait holder. No more flasher drag or twisting lines.
This means you get to enjoy the battle and fight that fish all the way to the net. This complete system allows you to troll a choise of your bait (Anchovy, Sardine, Herring e.t.c) directly above an slightly behind the most attractive simulated Bait Ball on the market.
Bait Ball comes with three option, 4 fish 2", 6 fish 3" or 10 fish 5" providing you our 6" Bechhold attractor fish. Your Bechhold Daisy Chain will consist of three 6in attractor fish.Both systems can be utillised seperately or combined.
Used together, this system is deadly for both saltwater and freshwater trolling applications for all five species of Salmon. Especially while targetting Coho/Silver and chinook/King Salmon.There are six basic components in this setup as numbered and illustrated below.
1. Scotty™ Metal Trolling Snap Stacker Release Clip
2. 8-inch Bechhold Clear Chartreuse Flasher with fin and rudder: Three holes at tail end of flasher allow adjustment of flasher movement. Snap swivels at each end make it eash to change colors. Other colors are available for items 2, 4, 5 & 6.
3. Scotty Behind-the-Flasher Line Release Clip: Releases your line so you can fight the fish not the gear, not even the flasher.
4. Bechhold Clear Chartreuse Rotary Bullet Bait Holder (without line or hooks): Just thread your choice of line weight through the line tunnel in the Bait Holder). Snap the Bait Holder firmly down over the nose of your bait (leave the eye of the bait visible!) Use your favorite hook rig;( leave one hook dangling alongside bait). Add beads, a hootchie or a teaser fly in front of bait holder if you wish. Beads or tubing may also be used behind bait holder as spacers to fit hooks to length of bait fish. Set-up shown below assures more hook-ups. More of bait fish is outside the bait holder!
5. Bechhold 3-foot, In-line Vertical Clear Chartreuse Bait Ball: Simply attach this extension to your downrigger cable at the top and to your downrigger ball at the bottom. Smaller and larger bait ball cable attachments are available in 2 foot (4 attractor fish) and 5-foot (10 attractor fish) versions and choice of color (same color on all elements).
6. Bechhold 3-foot Clear Chartreuse Daisy Chain: Three 6-inch Clear Chartreuse Bait fish are easily attached to the rear of your downrigger ball.) Other colors are available; only one color per system.
Items 1, 2, 3, 5 & 6 remain attached to your downrigger cable or downrigger ball ready for another drop. Premium ball bearing swivels and nylon-coated braided stainless wire included.
The attractors in the Bait Ball are spaced six–inches apart (between stops) allowing them to “swim” up and down the cable attachment in unison like a school of baitfish. The attractor fish in both the Bait Ball and the Daisy Chain use a 35-degree split-tail design so boat speed can be used control the rpm as well as the rise and fall of the spinning attractors.
Bechhold Rotary Bullet Bait Holders are the go-to bait holder for many charter boat captains and private boaters fishing out of Humboldt County ports. The Bechhold Bait Holder is featured in the May/June, 2013 issue of California Sportsman’s magazine in an article by Larry Ellis. These popular bait holders are also featured in the June/July 2013 issue of Salmon/Trout/Steelheader magazine.